1.11.2009

Another year older

What better way to celebrate a birthday then to go snowmobiling!! I was glad to find out I still had a little of my adventurous side in me. Don't get me wrong...I was a little scared! I guess after becoming a mom I have mellowed out a ton. JR was reminding me on the way up the canyon that I use to go off jumps and was wild! (I seem to have forgotten that) When JR and I were first married, one of our first big purchase was a snowmobile. JR has had a love for this sport since he was a child.
As I was riding up and around the trail I had a lot of time to think. I was thinking back on all the crazy things I had done. What shocked me the most was that I lived through all of them. Reflecting on the New Year I decided I was going to be more adventurous this year as a new years resolution. I was having a great time!! When I got to the top of the mountain I was in awe of the view. In the distance I watched JR trying some tricks. I was just going to follow his friend...thinking surely he would show me the safe way down! He forgot to mention the big, long, steep hill with deep fresh powder I was about to ride down with Savannah as my passenger. Let's just say...it was either me and Savannah or the sled. I jumped off, pulling Savannah with me. Luckily, we made it without injury and the sled did too. So that brings me back to my new years resolution....being more adventurous! Maybe not so much....

Kids all geared up to go!

All ready to go.........


JR, Tonya, Carson and Savannah
It was pretty freezing cold at the top.


Carson found a new love!



me and Carson


Thanks honey for an awesome birthday!

4 comments:

irbuanosraL said...

This looks like a blast. What a fun family activity that's sure to make wonderful memories!

Sarah said...

YOU GO GIRL!

Amber said...

Great odea!

Their helmets look so much more cool than my "slow looking" helmet did.

natasha said...

you have to teach me all about this crazy little adventure called snowmobiling...