8.15.2011

Beach days in August

SUMMER is warm days, bright blue skies, warm sunshine and longer days!!!  There is no better place then at the beach to spend Summer days.  I am so lucky that all four kids can't get enough of what I love so much!!  It really was Carson's year in the ocean. He is a natural out in the water on his boogie board.  I love that he is not afraid to watch the older boys and learn from them new tricks. He has a natural ability to make new friends anywhere he goes.  I love how social he is!! Savannah focused more on body surfing.  Hours and hours....in the water and still wanted MORE.  Her swimming skills really paid off.  I wish I could of been inside her 9 yr head for a day.  What was she thinking as she splashed and swam in the water without a care in the world!  Ashlee adventured out more this summer.  Her confidence grew and she was sure cute to watch.  She was fascinated with the sand crabs and spent most of her days collecting them.  Chase surprisingly did not wander off much(like he loved to do last year) He was pretty happy playing in the sand, splashing in the waves on his surf board {AKA}a swim paddle board and throwing sand when I was not looking. Mommy {aka} ME enjoyed sitting and relaxing in the SUN a bit, not so worried as Summers before. The kids seemed to be busy in their own freedom and imaginations!  I did keep a close eye on Carson as he moved past the white wash.  He was good at having a friend by his side.  

"At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun."
- Anonymous

 
The beach is a place of healing and joy.  I love the Sea.  The salt water cleanses us and the sun embraces us in its warmth.  The ocean heals the heart, mind and soul. Life is pretty simple at the beach!! It's a place that supports what matters most and that is my family.  Being together as a family is enough!  I love that my kids will always have these memories to look back on.  If anything I want them to say when they are older, "I spent TIME with my family doing things we ALL LOVED!!"

No comments: