8.08.2011

Dana Point Harbor

Picnic Sunday Dinner at the harbor was a favorite of mine when I was younger.  While in Cal, we went with  Grandma and Bryan down to the Harbor for dinner.  We had a nice picnic dinner as the kids played and watched the boats and people paddle boarding.  Naturally, they were drawn to the rocks(just as I was).  Something about the rocks touching the water?  I would spend hours playing on the same rocks, watching sailboats come  in and out, wishing I was on a canoe out in the big ocean.  I think the best part about playing on the rocks was the crabs that would crawl around.  I had big plans to one day be able to catch one and keep it as a pet! 
 I am pretty sure Carson and Savannah were thinking the same thing!
It was fun to watch my kids try so hard to catch a crab!! I was so happy to tell them that I KNEW how to catch them.  Carson seemed a little unsure that I would be able to catch a yucky, pinching crab!! Chicken wings was the secret that was passed down to me and I shared with my kids.  With no Chicken wings that day, they still had fun trying to catch a crab!!

We came back the next day with Chicken Wings and String.  They were thrilled when it actually worked.  Maybe even worked a little too well.....an OCTOPUS was wanting Chicken too!!!
 Crabs like Chicken Wings
Do you see the Octopus???

No comments: