8.25.2008

The fire is still burning.......

Today has been kind of a crazy day. I was awaken this morning at 3am with major back pain. I was trying to do everything I could to get the pain to go away but nothing seemed to work. Eventually, Ashlee woke up and then Carson and then it was time to get Savannah off to school. I was trying to be tough but I was still in a lot of pain. After talking with the nurse, my only option was to go into the hospital. I really did not want to go through all that if I was just having false labor. The doctor called me and told me to try a heating pad for an hour. Ashlee was taking a nap, so I took advantage of that and laid down. After about an hour it seemed the pain had subsided.
My neighbor gave me a call to check up on me and to also let me know about the fire near our house. I came out of my house a little after 1pm and this is what I saw......




Update: Look's like the fire is settling down. They are concerned about the winds that are suppose to pick up but it seems like they are on top of it.

4 comments:

natasha said...

does it never stop? you poor woman. i hope that little boy gets his feet off your spine soon!

Marni Bown said...

I heard all about the fires. How crazy. Thanks for the advice on the bee sting. Crazy. We do need to get together soon.

Amber said...

Hope the baby waits for JR - I have heard that back labor is the worst!

Glad the fire is nearly gone - a little too close for comfort. The fire seemed ENORMOUS from our side - tons of smoke.

Nicole said...

OK girlfriend...ignoring back labor at 38 weeks is not a good idea. Next time Savannah's bus might have to take a detour to the hospital for you!

Apparently we had a fire above our house on Saturday. Lightening struck while everyone was asleep and luckily the fire departmen could get up the mountain easily. 2 years ago was not so lucky. some homes were threatned about 1/2 mile from me! But luckly 100volunteers helped dig trenches in time to save them! Good thing being close to the temple makes you a little extra safe.